Monday, September 30, 2013

Sunday Shenanigans

The original title of this post was "weekend shenanigans" but then I realized, I don't really have a weekend.  I have Sundays.  On a typical weekend (Saturdays after 2 and Sundays) you can typically find me at the early service for church, and then just lounging around the house doing the bare minimum that has to get done. 

Not this weekend!

Saturday after work I went grocery shopping.  Two weeks worth of grocery shopping.  I got home around 6.  I took care of groceries, which had to include cleaning out and organizing our refrigerator and pantry to fit everything!  Then I cleaned off my counters, washed some dishes and ran the dishwasher in preparation for Sunday Afternoon mass chaos.

Sunday Afternoon....I made egg McMuffins, which included homemade English Muffins.  I Made gluten free breakfast bread pudding.  There are also some Omelet Muffins nestled happily in my freezer!  And the Mr. LOVED his Chocolate, Banana, Peanut butter refrigerator oatmeal this morning for breakfast!   

I baked a pound of bacon.  Seriously, if you don't bake your  bacon, you need to start!  Line those babies up on a cookie sheet, lined with aluminum foil, and bake at 400.  I didn't time it--I just kept and eye on it, and flipped it mid way done.  Then you carefully fold the aluminum foil up, capturing all the grease, and voila!  No bacon spatters, no pan to scrub, just perfectly cooked bacon!  I originally was going to wrap the Omelet Muffins in bacon, but I ended up putting some left over sausage in them instead!  I also roasted a chicken in my crockpot for dinner, and used some of that to make chicken salad for lunches!

I also finished another wall in my living room!  Hallelujah!

 
I wish I had put the small air plants down toward the bottom third of the wall hanging instead of in the middle.  The  holes are made now, and the MR. said they are there for good!

 
I just LOVE this piece.  I know that most people don't like "smile" by Uncle Kracker, but it's our song, no matter how corny you think it may be!  During my teller days when we were dating, there would be LOOOONG stretches of boredom, and a LOT of paper clips.  And so one day, I made this...
 
 
 I don't know if you can read it or not--but it's the chorus of Smile! written out in paper clips.  It's been our song ever since!   
 
 

The air plants turned out better than I could have hoped!  I've had them for close to 2 weeks now, I was just waiting on the wire to come in.  The people that shipped it to me said it got lost in transit.  I was complaining to the MR. about it, and he said that we had as much of that wire as I needed!  I had ordered black, but I don't think the silver looks bad either!  It was a PAIN to shape it though!  I left a 2-3" long piece sticking out in the back to put in the wall to hang it!  I just made a whole with a nail first and slid it in! 



Somehow I forgot to take a picture of the "N" hanging close up.  I found a website that sells 9" wooden letter for CHEAP, and I wrapped it in Jute.  I eventually want to make some canvas flowers to put on it!     
 
 
Anyhow, that just about wraps up my weekend!  Recipes to come!

 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!