Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hot Cocoa {Recipe}

Fall is here, even if the weather here in MS isn't necessarily cooperating fully.  With fall typically comes cool weather--so bring out the hot teas for me and the hot cocoa for the MR!  The MR.  LOVES him some Hot Cocoa!  We were going through a box a week I think last winter.  I finally quit buying it and we started (and by we, I mean the MR.) started making his own from scratch every morning!

Photo Credit According to that website--drinking 2 cups of hot cocoa MAY reduce your risk of dementia!  Just another reason to drink another cup! 


1/2 c. water
2 T. unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 T. Sugar
1 1/2 c. Milk
1/4 t. Vanilla

Heat water, cocoa, & sugar either on the stove in a small pan, or in the microwave in a glass bowl (we try not to put plastic in the microwave!)  Heat through, stirring to create a chocolate syrup.  Add Milk and heat to your liking, then add in the vanilla.

This recipe is pretty fool proof!  If you want more of a chocolate taste, add more cocoa.  If you like it sweeter/less sweet adjust the sugar.  If you don't drink dairy, use Almond milk!  If you want it richer use 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of 1/2 & 1/2.  Have fun!  Play around!  The above is just a guide for you to create your own hot chocolate that fits you!
 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! :) I added the link to my blog post today! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks :) I hope you like it! I bet it would be good with some dark cocoa, if there is such a thing! Oh, or with some homemade whipped cream, and some dark chocolate shavings on top!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!