Saturday, September 28, 2013

9/29-9/5 & 10/6-10/12 {Meal Plan}

It's Grocery shopping day!  I actually don't mind grocery shopping, it get me some much needed alone time!  My MR. is still my favorite, don't get me wrong, but some good ole' fashion "me" time is wonderful now and again!  I know, I know--enjoy it while it lasts, because once we have kids "me" time because a thing of the past.  But--we don't have kids yet, so....

Anyhow, I've decided to try grocery shopping every 2 weeks this month, to see how it works for us now.  I used to go every 2 weeks, but for some reason I quit, and it's a struggle going every week now.  The nearest decent grocery store is at the minimum 30 minutes away. 

I found a website and app called "ziplist".  You can import recipes from websites (kind of like pinterest) and it will add the recipes to your recipe box.  When you decide that you are going to use that recipe, it will show you a list of all the ingredients.  You check mark all the ingredients that you need to buy, and leave the boxes for the ingredients you need empty.  It adds everything to a grocery list for you!  And it's FREE!  I'm going to give it a try out this month!  

I usually cook enough at night for lunches the next day, but if you prefer sandwiched or what not for your lunches, then you could probably have an extra meal out of it to either freeze or save for another night!



 
 
So there you have it!  I'll be a busy little beaver shopping this afternoon and prepping food this evening and tomorrow afternoon! 
 
Have a wonderful weekend y'all!  Enjoy this gorgeous weather--it's supposed to get hot again next week!



 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!