Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumkin Spice Snickerdoodle {Recipe}

The other day I was browsing through my reading list on bloglovin'.  And I came across this recipe for Pumkin Spice Snickerdoodles.  This is JUST what we needed to welcome Fall in with open arms.  I don't know about you, but I am TIRED of this dang hot weather.  I'm ready for some cool brisk air complete with the smell of autumn.

These were SO easy to make, and they aren't too terrible for you, so you don't have to feel guilty about eating more than one.  The MR. LOVED them!  The recipe made the perfect amount for us, and we shared a few with our neighbor who came over to chat with the MR.  If you have a large family, or plan to share a plate with your neighbor, I recommend doubling the recipe.  They go fast.

To give credit where credit is due, I got this recipe from Skinny Taste!

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups flour (I used some cake flour I had on hand!)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tbsp agave or honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg

To Roll your dough balls in...
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin spice

Preheat your oven to 350.
Combine Flour, Baking Soda & Cream of Tartar together in a small bowl.
Mix together sugar and butter until creamy.
Add the agave/honey, vanilla & egg. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Mix in flour mixture.

I didn't use my hand mixer for any of this, I just used a fork/whisk, and then I used my hands at the end to "mush" it all together.  If you are using a mixer, DO NOT over mix when you add the flour mix.  Mix until just combined.  This is a drier dough.  If you have problems with it being crumbly, wet your hands when you are rolls the balls.  Cover dough with plastic and chillfor 5-10 minutes.  I used a cookie scoop that I got from Walmart to make my balls with.  After you have your dough rolled into balls, roll them around in the sugar/spice mixture.

Arrange on a greased & lined (with parchment paper) cookie sheet, (I used my baking stone) and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the edges have set and the tops have cracked.  DO NOT over bake.  Let the cookies set for 2 minutes and remove from pan.  I repeat: DO NOT OVER BAKE.  I'd rather them be a little soft than hard and crunchy!

Enjoy!

 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!