Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Meal Planning

The Mr. & I have lived in our house for 4 months.  In those 4 months some very good habits that I had have gone.to.crap.  Like Meal Planning.  

There's a new gym opening up in H-Town the first week in October, and the Mr. gave the "OK" for me to get a membership.  I went to the gym 3-4 days a week PRE-MR, and I loved it!  I'm just not as disciplined to work out at my house, there are a million other things I'd rather be doing.  So 3-4 days a week, we are going to leave for work around 6:30, I'll drop the MR. off at work, then hightail myself back to the Gym to get in a morning workout.  Thankfully the gym has showers (the other gym here in H-town didn't) so I'll  be able to get all the stinky off before I head to work, wearing flips flops though of course!

Here's where meal planning comes back into play....we need to be able to have a quick breakfast that we can grab in the morning.  I don't plan to get up any before 6AM.  5:45 at the very earliest!  I've decided that Lunches will be left overs from the night before, plus a piece of fruit or some veggies!  On the weekends I'm going to start prepping as much of the dinners as I can, so that when we get home around 6 there isn't a whole awful lot to do to prepare dinner.  

I found some ridiculously delicious sounding breakfast ideas to try out, that don't have to involve eggs ever morning!  Like refrigerator oatmeal, Breakfast bread pudding (that's all for the Mr.  I'm still trying to avoid Gluten!), Sweet Potato Hash browns, Egg McMuffins, (with homemade English Muffins, again for the MR.) and finally, Bacon Wrapped Omelet Muffins.  It's going to create more work for me on my already short weekends, but it will be worth it knowing that we get a good breakfast every day!  I can't wait to share the recipes with you as I start to make them this weekend!  

I'm also looking for a good grocery shopping app!  Any Suggestions?? 

    

 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!