Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm an introvert. Deal with it.

I always knew I was one of those people that needs some good old fashioned "me" time.  People drain me.

In my life before I met my MR, I had all the me time in the world.  Then after we got married, I still got my required "me" time one my drive to and from work every day, and on Saturdays He went to work and I stayed home.  When I made the switch from my job at the bank to the scrap yard all my coveted "me" time went out the window.  Don't get my wrong.  I LOVE my Mr.  He's seriously my favorite thing.  I love the fact that we get to spend all day together, that we get to eat lunch together, that I am literally being his helper.  Our days and lives are on the same path with the same goal.  God was all over our decision to come have me run our office.  It was the best decision for our family & this business.  I was made to do this.  What I didn't take into consideration was the fact that all my 'me' time was going to be sacrificed. 

I had a hard time explaining to the Mr. that I just needed some alone time once in a while.  He felt like I was saying that I didn't like spending time with him.  I think that He understand a little bit better now, but at times I wonder if He doesn't still feel a sting of rejection when I say I just need a time out.  He's one of those crazy extroverts.  I wouldn't say He's 100% extroverted, but He's not 95% Introverted like I am. 

I honestly think that it fully hit me the other day the extent of my introvertedness (yup, I just made that word up) the other day when I read this article.  I probably would have told you previously that I had some introvert tendencies, but when I read that article I literally though "Holy Cow, that's me..."  Then I did some more reading and somehow I'm dumbstruck by the fact, while it just makes so much sense!  I probably have a few family members that are like "DUH! I could have told you that!" 

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, or don't understand why I am the way I am, just google introvert.  You'll understand soooo much better after you read a few articles!

So that's that.  It all makes so much sense.  There is nothing wrong with me.  I'm just an introvert that's in a world that is 75% extroverted.  And I'm okay with that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!