Monday, August 5, 2013

Avocado's, Eggs & Bliss

Saturday my amazing MR. stayed at the shop for a few extra hours to work on his old truck, giving me a few blissful hours of some "me" time. 

I knew I was in dire need of some downtime, so I decided to have an at home spa day (or partial day). 

 
I started off by making my face mask.  If I had to do it over again I would have gotten out my ninja.  It would have made my life way easier.
 
Cut the avocado in half & twist it apart.  Peel off the skin off one of the halves and throw the avocado in a blender, or mash it with a fork. I don't recommend using a hand mixer, you'll have avocado all over your kitchen!
 
 
Separate an egg, and mix in the egg white.  Add in 1 T of Lemon juice and mix together.  If you do this in a blender it will come out smooth, if you use a fork you will have avocado clumps.  Either will work.  You can also add in a Tablespoon of Honey!
 
Next I prepared my avocado hair treatment.  Peel the skin off the other half and throw that in your blender.  Add in 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, or you can be like me and use coconut oil!  I also added in some honey! 
 
 
 
Wash your hair like you normally would, then apply the Hair treatment.  Pin your hair up with a clip, and put on a super sexy shower cap.  Get your blow drier out and blow dry around your shower cap for a few minutes to heat the treatment, it will help it soak into your hair better!
 
After you have finished with that, apply the avocado facial.  You'll look like a sexy beast....
 
(See the Clumps???  A blender would solve that!)
 
 
 
 
While I was doing all of that I was getting my Jacuzzi all ready to go!
 
 

 
When your bath is drawn, get in and relish in your abundance of alone time!  I got on my kindle app and found a good book to read!  After about 10 - 15 minutes use a warm washcloth to take the facial off.  You can leave the hair treatment in for the duration of your bath!  I also used this time to give my feet a good mini pedicure.  Your skin will be soft from soaking in the water, so I just use a pumas stone to scrub off the dead skin.
 
When you have gotten adequate soaking time, you'll want to get back in the shower and wash your hair out.  I rewashed and conditioned it like normal.  My hair was a little greasy that night, but I wasn't going anywhere special, so it wasn't that big of a deal!  Your face will feel SO soft and moisturized, and your hair will have TONS of body and shine!  And best of all, you got your blissful me time in, all for less than $5.00!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!