Saturday, June 29, 2013

Triple Whammy...

 
What's the perfect ending to a stressful week?
J&A.
Some Flippin' Amazing new Recipes.
And I get to knock June off for my 3 new recipes.
 A Triple Whammy -- That's what's up.
 
J&A Came over for dinner last night...
It was a blast.
Cooking/Baking is always a destresser for me anyway.
Then mixing some great company & some giggles in with it,
it was exactly what I needed.
 
J & and the MR. are seriously one in the same person.
It's hysterical.
A is about as sweet as they come!
I'm pretty sure we are going to have to sabotage their attempts to sell their house.
They aren't allowed to move.
Why?
Because I said so!
 
Anywho...
 
I started prepping for dinner Thursday night.
The tenderloin had to be marinated...
 
 
 
I went ahead and started the dough for the Butter Garlic cheese Bread.
The dough had to rise,
then twist,
then rise,
then bake,
then butter,
then bake,
 then set,
then butter & stuff with cheese,
then bake.
I don't have time for all that when I get home at 5:15 and Dinner is at 7.
 
So...I improvised.
I made the dough and let it do the 1st rise in the fridge.
When I got home I put the bowl in a hot water bath for the dough to soften,
then I continued the recipe as instructed.
 
I also made the ooey gooey chocolate goodness Thursday night as well.
The dessert's name isn't really ooey gooey chocolate goodness,
but.... I renamed it.
 
 
Crust of Chocolate chip cookie dough.
The inner goodness of Double Stuffed Oreos...
 
 
And top it off with some brownie mix,
with an additional 1/4 cup of hot fudge homemade topping.
Ummm...Yes Please!
I made the hot fudge topping from scratch,
but the store bought kind would be just as good!
 
Then you bake that ooey gooey goodness,
covered with Aluminum Foil,
for 30 minutes on 350,
then remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes uncovered.
Here's the kicker.
Let.It.Cool.Completely.
Seriously.  Just trust me on this one.
 
I heated it when I served it over icecream.
Talk about Amazing!!!
I was going to make a salted caramel topping to drizzle over it,
But I ran out of time.
I don't think our tastebuds could have handled any more awesomeness though.
 
 
 
 Now that we got Dessert out of the way....
 
Let me get back to this bread...
I mean seriously.
This bread was the freaking BOMB dot COM.
Hands down best part of the meal.
 
I split the dough into 4 sections,
rolled it out into 4 snakes.
then twisted 2 together.
Then you let the 2 braids rise for 30 minutes.
Bake for 20 minutes @ 350.
While it's baking I made the garlic butter.
I used 1/2 stick of regular butter,
and 2 cubes of ....
 
 
Melted it together,
and Added a spoonful of minced garlic.
I also sliced the cheese.
I used Monterrey Jack Cheese
 
Brush the bread with the seasoned butter,
Put BACK in the oven until the bread starts to brown,
about 5-7 minutes.
Then take out and let set for 10ish minutes.
Make slices in the bread,
approx. 1" apart,
about 3/4 of the way down the bread.
Butter the bread AGAIN,
making sure to get the butter down in the cuts,
and then stuff those slices with the cheese.
Put BACK in the oven until the cheese melts completely.
 
 
 
 
Seriously.  It's the best thing ever.
 
We had Ranch Mushrooms.
These were the easiest part of my meal.
They went in the crockpot and That was it.
But apparently I forgot to take a picture.
Whoops!
 
The tenderloin turned out to be my favorite way to make tenderloin to date.
It was moist.
SO flavorful.
Just plain Yummy!
 
 
Read through the comments on her blog.
They are really helpful!
I also only cooked it until it reached 140 Degrees, not the 160 that the recipe calls for...
It was perfectly done!
Don't worry.  I googled it before I tried to kill my guests.
Google said it was just fine.
 
 
The potatoes....well,
I've had better.
 
 
The Recipe said to cook it on the BBQ,
But That wasn't really working quick enough,
I ended up moving them to the oven to finish.
I may have jumped the gun a little bit though.
 
 
They were .... Potatoes.
Nothing really too special about them.
I will play with the recipes a little bit the next time I make them!
I also didn't peel them,
So that may have been part of the problem!
 
All in all,
It was a great night.
Great Food.
Great Company.
 
Getting up at 6 AM was a little rough,
I'm definitely feeling a nap time this afternoon when I get off work.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!