Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God has a sense of humor ....

 
So if you don't know this already,
I worked at Red Lobster for 3 1/2 years.
My Very LAST shift at Red Lobster,
My Very Last Table at that specific Table,
I met my MR.
And we lived Happily Ever After...


It didn't take me long of NOT working there anymore to realize how much I really hated working there.
I was Miserable.
I was NOT a happy person.
That place just sucks the life out of you.
I am a much happier, joyful, peaceful person NOT working there.
It's been just over 1 1/2 years since my last shift there.
 Every MLK Day,
Every Valentine's Day,
Every Mother's Day,
Every Weekend,
I am more and more thankful that I am not working there anymore!
I mean, something fantastic came out of it.
I met the love of my life!
(Our Nephew Bryson)

Meeting him made the 3 1/2 years of working there worth it,
But I put up with a WHOLE lot of garbage in the meantime!
Needless to say,
Red Lobster is not a happy conversation in our house,
for either of us.
I'm pretty sure there are several people my MR. would love to punch out...

SO,
back to God's sense of humor.

We went to look at a house this weekend,
And we actually put in a purchase offer in on it,
(which we are anxiously awaiting a response).
I walk into the kitchen,
and what do I see ....

 
....
 
REALLY?
A LOBSTER?
 
Ok.  I get that it's kind of funny,
But come on.
REALLY?
 
Who puts a LOBSTER in their tiled backsplash above their stove top.
OLD PEOPLE.
 
Thanks a lot.
 
Hopefully we are going to be able to settle on a price for the house.
And that little Lobster,
He's going to be one of the first things to go!
My Sister says she should keep it as a momento of how we met.
The MR. can't wait to smash it!
 



1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I have chickens on the tile in my kitchen, but they are covered up by the double oven I have. :) I agree with your sister, you should leave it as a symbol of your love! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!