Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Adobo Chicken (((New Recipe)))

Since I was a kid I've always like to experiment in the kitchen...Something turned out good, somethings we just don't talk about...Now that I'm older, I still like to experiment, just with more experience.  I've created many new recipes that are staples in my house, just by throwing things in a pot and seeing how they turn out!  This recipe is no exception!  The Mr. LOVES it.  It's a little spicy, so it's definitely not for someone who doesn't like some spice.  AND, It's fairly low in Weight Watcher Points.  I have been serving it over spicy Mexican rice, but I think the next time I'm just going to do it over plain rice to counteract some of the spicy, but I'm including both recipes!  I also think that it would be good served over Couscous or Quinoa, but my husband doesn't really like either, so I'll stick to rice! 
 
You'll need...
 

 
Instant Brown rice (for Rice Recipe)
1 can Ro-tel (for rice!)
1 can Tomato Sauce (for Rice)
Fat Free Chicken Broth (for both!)
Onions (for both!)
Mushrooms (for both!)
Minced Garlic (for both)
1 can Diced Tomatoes (for Chicken)
1 can chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce (for Chicken)
 20 oz boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, approx. 4
 
 
 
Mexican Rice
 
I throw all the ingredients in a bowl and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed into the rice, then I turn off the heat and let it set, with the lid on, until dinner is ready!
 
In a medium saucepan:

1 can Ro-Tel
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
Handful of chopped onions
Handful of Mushrooms (just because we LOVE mushrooms)
Minced Garlic to taste
Salt to Taste
 
Makes 4-1 cup servings, 4 points
 

 
 
Adobo Chicken
 
Get out a Large Stir Fry Pan
 
Instead of Butter, Use Fat Free Chicken Broth to Coat the bottom of them pan, 1/4-1/2 cup.  Adds TONS of flavor, but no fat!
 
Throw in about 2 cups fresh, sliced Mushrooms, & 2-3 small diced onions and a spoonful of minced garlic.  I use my mandolin slicer for the onions.  If you don't have one, get one.  The are the greatest thing ever!
 


 
I weighed my chicken so I knew how much I was putting in.
 
 
Then I trimmed off the fat, and cut it into strips/cubes.
Add the chicken to your pan, along with a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. 
Cover & Cook for 20-30 minutes, allowing enough time for chicken to cook,
and flavors to marinate together.

 

 
After it has finished cooking, I pull out the Adobo Peppers, I just don't like them & don't want to chance eating one, but I LOVE the flavor it adds!  So, this recipe actually might be less points, but since I cooked with them, I included it in the points just to be safe!
 
It makes approx 4 - 1 1/4 cup servings, at 5 points per servings.
 
The servings are on the large side--I couldn't eat a whole serving of both, but the Mr ate 1 1/2 servings and was content!
The next time I make it, I'm just going to make the rice in some chicken broth, with garlis and some minced onions to cut out some of the heat!  Otherwise, this has become our #1 Favorite Meal!
 
And check out my post on Whipped Jello that was dessert!  SUPER delish, low fat & low points!
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!