Thursday, October 18, 2012

Saucy Chicken

With Jt's and my new schedule, we leave between 6:30-7:15 every morning, and don't get home until 5-5:30 M-F, and on Saturday we leave by 7, and get home after 1.  This makes is SO difficult to to prepare dinners, grocery shop, & clean!  We started doing 2 weeks of grocery shopping at one time, which requires a lot of planning on my part!  That's 10 meals I have to plan ahead for (Saturday nights I make Pizza, and sunday nights we eat sandwiches).  I've learned to rely heavily on quick and easy recipes that I can just throw in the crock pot, or don't take long to prepare when I get home (spaghetti, tacos etc...).  One day a few weeks ago, Jt showed up with a small Taste of Home magazine with recipes for crockpots (he's the sweetest isn't he...either that or he was tired of eating the same thing week after week!)   I've tried the crockpot thing before, and there have been a lot of recipes that were an epic fail!  (we don't talk about the stuffed pepper recipe I found on pinterest, we just try to forget that ever happened!)  Anyways, last night I made Saucy chicken thighs.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, because we are gone for about 10 hours a day, and the recipe only had it cook for 4-5...So instead of broiling the chicken to brown the skin, I just threw frozen chicken thighs in my crockpot, dumped the sauce on top, and when I got home my house smelled AMAZING...We tried one as soon as we got home, and Jt asked me if he ould marry me all over again...  Saucy Chicken Thighs Recipe  ha ha:)  This isn't my picture, but it looks super yummy!  It was so easy to make!  Before we ate, I made of more of the sauce for us to dip the chicken into, I didn't measure, I just kind of dumped, and we like things on the spicy side, so I added enough Hot pepper sauce to give it some kick!  I also used Aldi Brand Honey BBQ sauce, which has a little zip to it as well!  The chicken literally just fell off the bone!  Go.  Make this NOW!  You'll love it! 

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Saucy-Chicken-Thighs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!