Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Change

Fall has arrived and the unbearable heat of summer is finally relinguishing its grip on us, I think the high today is 80!  I'm so looking forward to cooler weather, jeans & sweaters!  Soon the leaves will change to their vibrant fall colors, and eventually fall to the ground.  So much has changed in our lives over the past few months!  Jt's dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer early this summer.  Thankfully it was contained!  They had to take out his kidney, but they were able to remove the whole tumor, so he won't have to go through chemo or radiation.  There is nothing quite as scary as the "C" word. There just is so much that we don't know about it.  It's the unknown factor that I think scared us the most.  But God is the ultimate healer, and Mr. Jimmy is slowly but surely getting back on his feet!

We changed churches a few months ago.  We talked it over extensively before we made any decisions.  Neither of us were raised to just jump around churches.  We decided that we wanted to be involved in a church that was more conservative that what we were previously attending.  My parents had been encouraging us for sometime to go and visit this church, and we are SO glad that we finally did!  They are the friendliest group of people I think I have ever been around!  We really enjoy being under Pastor Webb's teaching, the amount of knowledge that he knows is UNREAL.  Everybody has welcomed us with open arms and has gone out of their way to get to know us!  We are also redoing/finishing our pre-marriage counseling with Pastor Webb.  No we are not having problems, we never finished out premarriage counceling and we just feel like there is a lot that we need to learn still!  Our first session we learned SO much, I'm looking forward to the next 3! 

One of the most scary decisions that we made was for me to stop taking the pill. YIKES!!!  We aren't ready for babies just yet, but I was having a lot of problems taking the pill.  We tried a couple of different kinds, but it just wasn't making the cut.  Anyone that wants to look into a more natural form of birth control, I would HIGHLY recommend the book "taking charge of your fertility".  It's a big book, but it has TONS of information in it!  I would recommend it even if you aren't trying to get pregant or prevent pregnancy, just to be more informed about how the female body works!  One thing that I will say to women that are thinking about taking the pill, DO YOUR RESEARCH.  Don't just take something because every one else is taking it and it's convient.  Don't take the side effects lightly either!  Sure our doctor's tell us that it is safe, but do we really know what the long term effects are going to be?  The pill is going to affect every aspect of your body.  Some women are able to take it have have no immediate side effects, some women like me are going to take it and it's going to kill your sex drive, add 10-15lbs to the scale, dry your eyes out so you can't wear your contacts, make you moody etc., not to mention that your hormones are completly out of wack when you come off it! 

Last but not least, the Biggest change in our lives was me quitting my job.  I was working in loan operations at one of our local banks.  I liked my job, I liked the women I worked with, I had just been moved up into another position...Then Jt calls me and tells me that the office lady at the scrap yard we just opened had been using their debit card to pay her bills.  So after talking it over with his parents, I put in my 2 weeks notice, and started working for my husband.  I've been here for 17 days.  The first day I had my doubts, but now I really enjoy what I do.  God orchestrates every detail of our lives so perfectly.  My parents are small business owners, and so I've been around business stuff my whole life.  Not that I know everything there is to know about it, I still have TONS to learn.  But workin in the office is right up my alley.  I love numbers and budgets.  I love being able to look at the big picture and put things in place so that we can be able to get to where we need to be.  Every day is a new day down here.  I see the craziest things come through here, and deal with some pretty interesting people.  Some of them irritate the fire out of me, and others make me laugh.  Some days are really stressful, and other days everything seems like it's all  coming together.  Plus, I get to spend every day with my husband!  I love that we get to ride to work together, eat lunch together, and work together (well, he's manages the yard & I manage the office).  So far it has brought us close together and I'm loving every minute of it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!