Thursday, October 3, 2013

Quirks

We all have our own little quirks, the things that make each of us weird uniquely ourselves.  Mine just may be a little quirkier than others....


* I refused to wear a pair of jeans until I was in the 7th grade.  That's right people, it was all stretchy cotton pants for me.  The problem was the jeans at that point, or the ones my mom bought be anyway, all came up to my belly button.  Do you know how much I HATE anything up around my belly button???  I despise it.  Thank Goodness for mid rise/low rise jeans!

* Socks....I'm not really a sock and shoe kind of girl.  My piggy's don't like to be confined.  But the warm weather only lasts so long, and I don't like cold feet either.  So when the season comes around for socks and shoes....Well, I get a little neurotic.  The socks have to line of perfectly on my feet or I go crazy.  The heel HAS to line up with my heel, and the seam that goes across your toes, it had better be lined up perfectly or I can't handle it.  And Heaven FORBID the lining in my shoe get a wrinkle in it, or start to peal up a little bit.  That pair of shoes will be sent off to the good will or get gorilla glues back down!

* If I have 3 things on my plate for dinner, let's say Mashed Potatoes, Peas & Chicken, I'm going to eat all of my chicken, then I'll eat all of my peas, and then I'll eat all of my potatoes.  There is no a bite of this and a bite of that.  And don't try to mix my peas and mashed potatoes together.  That's just awful!

* I Hate unloading the dishwasher.  It doesn't take more than 5 minutes, but I hate it.  I'll let dished pile up in the sink before I unload the dishwasher.  It makes ZERO sense, I know!

*When I was little, I would go shopping with my mom.  If there was something that I wanted to buy, with my own spending money, my mom would ask me, "now, how many hours did you have to work to be able to buy that."  Say the item was $20, and at the time I made $3.00/hour.  10% of my earnings went to tithing, 50% went to the bank, and 40% I could spend however I wanted.  So I made $1.20/hour to spend on crap.  I would have to figure out that it took me 16.66 hours to buy the said $20 item, and decide if it was really worth all my time.  Don't get me wrong, it was a great lesson for me to learn.  But now you know why some people *cough* My MR *cough* call me cheap.

*You know the smell your candle makes after you blow it out?  That just blown out, burnt wick smell?  I LOVE it! 

*I Hate ladybugs.  I blame my sister for that one.


What Quirks do YOU have?

 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

5 comments:

  1. No way! I refused to wear jeans too as a child. My mom didn't know what to do with me!! Thank goodness for more comfortable jeans now. I think they make them very very different now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! And I have the embarrassing pictures to prove it! I don't know how my sisters let me out of the house looking like I did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHA! Those aren't so bad. I have this thing with colored food items, such as candy. I can only eat one color at a time until all of that color is gone and I can only eat them in pairs. So if there is an odd number of the color I am on, I have to split the last one in half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog from "From Here to There" and I've been having fun exploring it! I'm your newest bloglovin' follower and....my randomly detested chore of choice is vacuuming. I can't stand it. The husband always vacuums over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My MR. generally does the vacuuming now too :) I think I can count on 1 hand the times I've had to vacuum :) I'm sure that will change once we have babies and I am home more, but we disperse the cleaning/house duties fairly evenly between the 2 of us now!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!