Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hey Babe...Remember When....?

Hey Babe...Remember When....

...You came over for dinner that first time, and I made you go for a walk with Me & Kc, even though it was like 100 degrees outside???  And you used the corny line, "your hands are so small," to size up my hand against your hand, so you could try and be smooth and hold my hand...?

 
...we used to text each other all day long? and If we were txting we were talking on the phone...?
 
This was 11 days into the current billing cycle....
...you took me 4-wheeling, and returned me missing some hair and looking like I got in a cat fight?
 
 
 
...you helped me move the first time, about a month after we started dating, and you swore you wouldn't move me again unless it was to marry me?  How'd that work out for you?  You moved me again 4 months later into the house that you moved into 3 months after that when we got back from our honeymoon.....
 
...When you told me that it's a good thing that I knew how to cook, because otherwise I would have gotten cooking lessons instead of a ring...I'm pretty sure that you were just kidding, but I'm still thankful that I can cook really well so I never had to find out!
 
...The first time you called me your girl?  It still gets me every time.
  
...I asked you to go home with me to meet my parents.  It was a pretty big deal since I hadn't brought a guy home since I was a teenager.  Little did we know when we booked your ticket that you would end up asking my dad to marry me!
 
 
... I surprised you with an impromptu date night.  Complete with Sushi, Wine & Mario Cart?  We had a lot of fun that night.  And I'm pretty sure I kicked your butt on some Mario Brother's...
 
 
...I woke up around midnight telling you to go take a shower, and you actually got up and took a shower, and then I was so confused when you got back into bed and was wet.  I still don't know what I was thinking, and I really can't figure out why you actually got up and did it.
 
...October 29th...
 
 
 
That's also the day that I bought my wedding dress...We definitely didn't do things the conventional way.  Most girls wait until after the have the ring to go dress shopping.  But, we did have the invitations, the date, and the church booked....
 
...the moment you saw me on our wedding day?  That moment was the best part of my day.  Those few moments before all the craziness started, when it was just you and I. 
 
 
 
 
 
...The first time you said "I love you."  And I made you wait a whole week before I said it back?  That was cruel, but I needed to make sure I meant it.
 
...Those looooong drives home that you used to make at 12 or 1 in the morning....?  Yea, I bet that sucked.  I would always make you txt me when you got home, even though I slept through the text anyway. 
 
...The first house we put an offer in on?  Remember that horrific light fixture, and the lobster tile in the kitchen?  Man, we thought that was our house.  We were so excited.  I still remember the address of it.  We were so disappointed when we didn't get it, but now we are SO glad that we didn't get it!
 

 
I can't wait to keep on making more memories with you.  You are my favorite.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png
 

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Loved reading this! My husband "smooth" line when he wanted to hold my hand before we were together was, "Wow, your hands are so cold! Let me warm them up for you!" Yeah right, boy. I may have been 17 but I wasn't completely dumb...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!