Wednesday, November 7, 2012

4 years from now....

As the election has ended, we begin to settle in for another 4 years under President Obama.  I don't know much about politics, economics, and things that I know that I should be way more informed about.  I know I don't agree with most of the issues that Obama supports.  But I do know that as a Christian I am called to respect the authority that has been placed over me.  What point is there in worrying about the future when we don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow!  God is completly sovereign.  This election did not take him by surprise!  He's got this.  Do I think that America is going to prosper?  No, I do not.  How can God bless a nation that has turned their back on Him?  We need to stop complaining about our government and start to Pray for them.  Only God can change their hearts.

4 Years ago....

I was 21 years old.
The Mr. was 19!
I had been working at Red Lobster for just a few weeks, I continued to work there for 3 years.
I had lived in Mississippi for 6 months,
My Rent, for a small 1 bedroom-almost studio-apartment was $600.00
Gas was less than $2.00 a gallon
I drove a 2000 Chevy Impala

In 4 years time...

I have had 5 different addresses.
I lived with 3 different girls.
I went from working at Red Lobster, to being a teller at a bank, to working in Loan Operations at another bank, to running the office of my Husband's Business.
My Best friend has had TWO babies.
I met my husband.
Got Engaged.
Said "I Do"

Today:

I am 25, 1 month shy of 26.
The Mr. is 23
The Jeans I have on today are a size 10.
I've been married 8 months and 7 days.
I live in Byhalia.
I have a Nikon D70--which desperatly needs to be updated!
Gas at the Flying J. is $3.05
I do not have, or have plans to have, a baby.
I drive a 2002 Buick Regal

4 years from Now:

I will be 29, 1 month shy of 30!
The Mr. will be 27!
We will have been Married 4 years, 8 months, and 7 days
We will have hopefully bought our first Home.
We will hopefully have atleast 1 baby.
I will hopefully be able to be a stay at home mom!
I will have hopefully ran atleat ONE 1/2 marathon.
The scrap yard will hopefully have more than 3 employees!

A lot can happen in 4 years.  But I can have peace knowing that God is in control of all things, and His plans are SO much better than my own! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!