Saturday, April 21, 2012

Love, Wedding & the Reality of Happily Ever After

3 weeks ago.  Has it really only been 3 weeks?  It feels way longer than that, and yet just yesterday.  3 weeks ago I stood up infront of around 150 people and vowed my unending love and devotion to my love.  Years of dreaming & months of planning finally came all together, and I remember hardly anything about it.  What I do remember is forever imprinted in my memory.  The look on his face when He first saw me, the love in His eyes that guided me down the aisle towards him, the emotion that overwhelmed me as I pledged my love to Him, how badly I had to go to the bathroom as I was standing outside the doors waiting on the doors to open for me to walk in (seriously, I was doing the Tee-tee dance while I was waiting...more due to nerves than the actual need to go!), those moments are ones I will never forget.  All of the rest I will be very thankful for pictures & videos!


And then it was over.

And Reality began...

Work.

     Bills.

          Laundry.

               Cooking.

                    Dishes.

              Responsibilities. 

          Getting used to sleeping in a bed with someone else.

     Sharing the bathroom in the morning.

Learning to follow Him when I've been on my own for so long...

It didn't take long for the real world to settle in, for us to settle into a routine.  We are still in the honeymoon phase, don't get me wrong.  I'd rather spend time with him than with anyone else.  I'd rather spend all our extra time together, I don't want to share our precious moments of time when we have no where to go and nothing to do but be together.  This is it. 

This is My Happily Ever After.

And I wouldn't change a thing about it.  This every day stuff, the dishes, never ending laundry, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, waking up next to my love every morning, his greatfulness of coming home to dinner & a clean home, planning for our future, a date night of pizza & a red box.

All of this is MY happily ever after.

More than I could have hoped for.

And I love it...A Whole Awful Lot.


 

  ~Hillary Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!