Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Getting Back on Track....

It's been a rough couple of weeks y'all!  Ever since getting bronchitis on my trip home I haven't been able to get it together!  Let's do a little recap....

I flew home November 26-30th..., Where I got "the crud"...

December 1st, we got our First Christmas Tree!

December 2nd:I stayed home from work....Sick.
December 3rd: I went home early from work....sick.  That evening I put the lights on my Christmas tree....I may or may not have had to google how to string lights...

December 4th: I went to the Dr, found out I barely missed out on phenomena, but still landed myself with bronchitis.  The Mr. sent me home to sleep after my Dr. Appt.  I also worked on decorating my Christmas tree....
And the Mr. hit bambi's mom....

December 5th: Was a normal day.
December 6th: We had the "great ice storm" of 2013, and we were SO slow at work that the MR. let me go home early....oh yea, and it was my birthday!  The Mr. woke me up with this beauty!

December 7th: I had a birthday breakfast date with my favorite father-in-law, (we let the MR. go too!) and we had planned to open the scrap yard, but it was SO cold & miserable, that when the lock on our gate was frozen shut, we called it a day and went home.  Then we packed out bags and the MR. took me on my annual birthday trip to our favorite B&B!  The weekend was complete with movies, a steak dinner, a hot tub, and some wine! 


December 8th: We headed back towards home, did some grocery shopping, met my in-laws for lunch, then spent the afternoon with them & helped my Mother-in-law get her Christmas Decorations out!  When we finally made it home, I got busy sewing my tree skirt & got my nativity set up!

It's far from perfect, but it turned out pretty well I think!


December 9th: When I just get to a point where I can fully function again.....I woke up at 3:30 am puking my guts out.  Just lovely.  I tried to go into work after lunch, but when I had to pull over and puke again, the MR. just told me to home.

TODAY:  I am at work, and I am alive.  I'm not puking, I don't have a fever, and I have just a tiny baby cough to deal with....and piles and piles of paper work to get through!  I just need to get some of my energy back! 

We haven't been to the gym since I left to go home to NY.  I haven't been packing the Mr's lunches, and my meal planning has gone out the window. Blah, Blah, Blah!  I've just been so tired lately that it's hard to get anything accomplished!

The Agenda for the rest of the week:

Make the MR. Red Beans & Rice, which isn't on my meal plan...

Sew our Stockings.
Wrap some Christmas Presents.
Think about doing some Christmas Baking.
GO to the gym.
My Sister's Choir has their Concert on Saturday evening.  My Dearest M-I-L is going to go with me while the Mr & my Favorite F-I-L go see the new Madea movie.

We'll see how much of that I actually get crossed off, and how much gets added and not finished!

I hope that y'all are doing well & staying warm, and hopefully I'll be getting back on track and back into routine!    

 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png


  1. Ouch! Deer accidents are scary! They happen all too often where we live. Your birthday necklace is very pretty and MAN that's a lot of lights on that tree!

  2. Glad to hear that you're feeling better!! It's always frustrating when you're in a funk! Hopefully "Having a visitor" can be on your list of things to do! :)

  3. Hillary, get well soon!! I'm sure your hard work will pay off when the holidays come around. :) I love your blog, I'm now following you!

    If you're interested, follow me back!



I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!