Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Garage Workout

One of my close girlfriends text me this INSANE workout a few weeks back.  I saved it to my phone and promptly forgot about it.

When I started adding strength training (I was using the weight machines that the gym had to offer) to my workout routine I felt disappointed that I was never "sore" in the days following my workout.  Don't get me wrong, being sore is not a feeling that I necessarily enjoy, however, if I am going to spend 30-45 minutes lifting some weights I had better be feeling something.  I wasn't being a pansy when I was lifting weights either, I would work my muscles to fatigue.  But at the end of my workout I was always left feeling like I could do more. 

So, I decided to try the work out that she sent me.  Let me tell you...I left the gym that evening feeling completely, 100% Spent.  I don't think I could have done curls with a pencil by the end of it!  When I woke up the next morning I was slightly disappointed that I didn't feel the least bit sore.  Then Midmorning hit....THEN I started feeling it! 

Then yesterday I tried out another circuit training routine that was called "the Military Circuit".  It was something that I had randomly found one day. 

I tend to be a person that gets sore 2 days after I do a workout, so I don't know if it was the garage workout, or the Military workout, but my arms are SO sore today that it is ridiculous! 

If you need to feel the least bit challenged in your gym workout, then THIS is the workout you need to do!  There were a couple of exercises that I didn't know what they were, but it only took a quick second of googling to figure it out! 

I also changed some of the running speeds to fit where I was at with my running.  I kept it fast enough that I would be challenged, but not so fast that I thought I was going to fall off the treadmill!


The Garage Workout

5 minute warm up jog

50 squats
10 burpees
10 pushups

2 minute run @ 6.0

50 walking lunges
40 standing waist line crunches
20 triceps dips

30 second sprint at 8.0-9.0
30 second rest
Repeat 3 times

2 minute continuous bicep curls
(choose a weight light enough that you'll be able to continue for 2 minutes!)
30 sec lateral squat walk
(each way, keeping your squat low)
1 minute plank

2 minute run @ 7.0-8.0

30 alternating split squat jumps
25 shoulder presses
30 Tone it Up Tummy Tucks

5 minutes cool down jog

**Bonus Moves 20 mountain climbers, 50 Toe Touch Abs

The MR. & I are going to go to the gym tomorrow after work and do this workout together!  I'm excited to actually workout together instead of both of us just going our own way when we get to the gym!  Instead of doing the "walking lunges" he is going to show me how to do isolated lunges that his PT has him doing! 

If you try this work out--good luck, and believe me, you're going to feel it afterwards!
Sometime in the next little while I'll be sharing the Military Circuit Workout, it's no joke!

I've added the image below that I have saved to my phone that guides me through the workout!  


 
Enjoy!
 photo Signature_zps2937fcf1.png

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!