Friday, June 21, 2013

City Slicker???

I've been called many things in my life, but for the first time ever, I was referred to as a "City Slicker" last night.  The only thing that makes me feel better is that the MR. was also included in that reference.  PHEW!  The MR. ... He's pretty Country.  Me.  I'm a half breed hybrid.  I don't really consider myself "city", but I'm not country as a dirt clod either.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the city as much as the next girl ....

 

 

 

 
But There is just nothing that soothes my soul more than the country!
 
 
 

 
 
 
Anyhow.... We went to pick some blueberries last night at our "around the corner" Neighbors house.
I haven't picked blueberries since I was a little kid.
 



 
 
I also get eat alive by any mosquito within a 1 mile radius of me.  And I have an irrational fear of ticks.  My Girlfriend told me that she got 10 mosquito bites when she was out there picking a few days ago.  I already have 10 bug bites on 1 leg that wake me up at 12:30AM itching.  I don't need any more!!!  So I sprayed down with some OFF before I went.  And by sprayed down, I mean I sprayed every inch of my skin, and then I sprayed down my yoga pants and T-shirt after I got dressed.  It was my only solution until I can get the ingredients to make a natural repellant.   
 
 
We also didn't have any buckets,
So I grabbed 2 walmart bags to put our berries in.
This is where we got called city slickers.
 
Note the walmart bag

 
So Mr. J & Miss D got us some pails, and we picked along our merry way for over an hour.
The MR. got bored after about 30 minutes!
 
All in all we had a pretty good picking, with no bug bites or ticks!!!
 
 
 Now I just have to wait a day or so for the unripe berries to ripen so I can freeze them for future smoothies & Blueberry breakfast cake!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below!